Friday 8 January 2010

Breezy Sabang

Hello everyone, welcoming 2010, here I present..... the first post in the said year. :)

So we went to Sabang, a small island, part of Nanggroe Aceh Darussalam province and spent our New Year's countdown there (although we didn't actually do the countdown thing).
I am not so good with using descriptive adjectives and these are all I can think of Sabang : breath-taking, magnificent, splendid, splendid (yes, I use the word twice) and absolutely picturesque. But then, another thought hits me and right now I am wondering, perhaps it is me who hasn't seen much of the world, so once I set my feet on this beautiful island, I was absolutely awed by its beauty. Nonetheless, it is worth visiting.
You should go, people. But..... on the second thought, don't go!!!! Cause if Sabang becomes a popular holiday destination, it is only a matter of time before it turns into another Pantai Cermin, with its cappucino sea and polluted air. Not to mention that everything will be so pricey, starting from the cottage fare to the meal. I will lose my little paradise on earth. Don't go. Let it remain unknown.

Photobucket

Dark clouds blocked the sunset. Fail attempt #1

Photobucket

Again, dark clouds ruined the supposedly breath-taking sunset. Fail attempt#2

It was a four-day-three-night trip, so I traveled light and only packed what I really needed there. Everything was stuffed into a red hideous handbag.

Photobucket

Waiting for the boarding call and camwhoring as if we had waited for hours.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Arriving at NAD airport, Sultan Iskandar Muda. Acting cute and excited.
Now, what the hell did that man do there?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Pose wherever and whenever possible.

Photobucket

Later that night, we had dinner at a downtown small restaurant. I was wearing a pair of black shorts, and one thing to note is, if you don't want to draw too much attention and evoke unusual stares from the locals, do dress modestly. I got the "hey, sexy.." remark while walking along the street. Wtf. I didn't dress to the nines. I didn't show too much skin either. I was as modest as I could be, the only explanation is maybe they are just not used to seeing women in short pants.
Sabang is part of NAD, which has a regulation that bans revealing outfit for the women. So, who's to blame? In this case, the regulation certainly.
It's not my fault I'm hot in shorts. :P

Photobucket

Sabang fair

Photobucket

So, moving on to the second day. We went a place called Km 0, the very West of Indonesia. We went to two beaches. And we went snorkeling!!! Well, actually, Fran and her boyfriend and my sister went snorkeling. While me, I was completely motionless in the water. Just laying there in the shallowest part of the sea like a stupid useless fat log and suffering from a severe headache afterward. What an old chick!!!!

Photobucket

The drunkard Mexican pose

Photobucket

"I don't remember the name" beach

Photobucket

Photobucket

Calender models

Photobucket

Km 0

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Iboih beach

Photobucket

Shao Nai Nai

Photobucket

Snorkeling and being thrilled

Photobucket

Floating helplessly and being a fat useless log

Photobucket

Banana boating!!!!

It was New Year's Eve!!!! And being in a small and remote town, you don't expect to see much. Well ...... guess what!!! They had firework show!!! And again, I -being the person who hasn't been too far around the world or even worse, around Indonesia- find this a new experience to date. Hahaha.

Photobucket

New Year's eve dinner

Photobucket

You have no idea how much they're in honeymoon mood.
Smooch smooch.... lubibi......

Photobucket

Photobucket

The third day is another beach trip. This is Sumur Tiga Beach. Quoting Bruno, this beach is uber pretty!!!! And camwhoring is a necessity, so here goes :

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Didn't we shine? literally?

Photobucket

Photobucket

This time the sunset was more well-captured, although it's not perfect.
Not-so-fail attempt #1

Photobucket

Photobucket


The fourth day, heading back to Medan. Look at us. The so-not-want-to go-home look and outfit. Boring...........

Photobucket

This is not some fancy trip, yet to me, it is a perfect getaway from my boring, monotone, full-of-pressure life. And of course, it is an excellent opportunity to play dollhouse, y'all!!! It is like a themed occasion. I always love events with dress-codes to follow. In this case, the theme is "Tropical Beach"
And read what Fran said the other day after we're back to Medan.
"We only went to Sabang, but look at our outfits. It is as if we were vacationing in Maldieve!!"
HAHAHA.
Well, she said so, not me. I don't think we are Maldieve quality yet, but..yeah...., we did look nice.
In fact, Fran came up with an acronym to the situation.
WWSC, stands for why we so cute.

Photobucket

Fran : Ooo....wwsc
Lind : Well, it's not our fault we're cute.
Fran : Yeah, I know.... (sighh.....)

Gives me the goosebumps (shudder..........)

Photobucket

Adios, everyone. Don't visit Sabang. It's technically and officially mine.

1 comment: